Thursday, February 23, 2006

Among the 17 Lessons Learned.


Fran Townsend, whose stunning performance (isn't she just gorgeous?) in front of the camera this morning could be summed up with the missing 18th Lesson.

Before I mention that, however, I wonder if the jewels in her little jeweled flag pin are real. If anyone knows, let me know what that would cost. That's a good image to portray, btw. Put a great-looking rich woman in a highly paid, newly created executive branch government position in front of the camera with sparkly jewelry and stunning clothes. I can just smell her perfume throught the TV set, actually. I think it's Emeraude, my grammy's favorite.

It's especially good to have someone like that explaining why government has abandoned it citizens on the Gulf Coast who are living in squalor and sleeping in their cars as a result of her boss's total detachment from reality.

I was perplexed when Franny said that "one thing government does well is red tape." Even when these people are digging themselves out of a hole, the just dig deeper down. They just can't stop bashing government.

And therein lies the 18th Lesson Learned. Americans can no longer trust this crew to do anything right for a government of the people, by the people and for the people. These "Republicans" just don't believe in government and its proper role in society.

No comments: