Thursday, September 01, 2005

Great Jesus Jumpin' Jehosephat.

Have been out for quite a while this evening and just saw the Quicktime of Anderson Cooper coming undone with (an obviously lithium-induced) Sen. Mary Landrieu.

I never thought I'd see Anderson come apart, but considering the completely crazy shit he's seen this week, I still have plenty of admiration for what he does so well. And he's so right. I'm sick and tired of self-congratulatory politicians heaping it on.

I've always kind of had some wishy washy feelings about the Senator, but I just don't get her tonight. I don't want to pile on, because I was accused of that mightily earlier today over some things I said about Bill Clinton not keeping his mouth shut enough this afternoon when he was asked if he thought the government should bear some responsibility for the delays in getting support to NOLA. I just don't get her.

Somebody from LA is bound to open up in the next day or so. Could be the mayor, could be the governor, whose press conference was pre-empted by King George's photo op with Poppy and Bill. Don't know who it's going to be, but it's going to be explosive.

No comments: