Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Denny Hastert Doesn't (heart) NPR.

From Marketplace last night:
Since 1999 Speaker Dennis Hastert has returned to Waterfall Resort almost every year, according to the resort's staff. Last year he used almost $25,000 from his political action committee to pay for the trip. How he paid during the other years is unclear.

It's possible that Speaker Hastert and Senator Lott financed their trips themselves. Marketplace asked the lawmakers repeatedly through e-mails, phone calls, and hand-delivered letters. But neither Hastert, Lott, nor their staffs answered our questions.

Now, one could deduce that Denny "J. Dennis" Hastert is just a man. You know: if you ignore it long enough it will go away.

But the said thing is, this is just the tip of the iceberg that is beginning to rapidly melt under the fatted feet of the Speaker.

Folks, this is not public service. This is your employee in action. What do you do?

This, by the way, is no public servant, either. So in a best case scenario, no one will represent CD 14 next year.

1 comment:

K3KVE said...

I had your best friend Joe Stupec snarling at me again (I bet he'd really like me if he met me in person) because they've be up to Laesch licking at SBC again. I just had to share my opinion, Laesch and "Cry Kossack!" bullshit is making me nauseous also. You know, I was feeling pretty good until you filled my head with Limbaugh, Kagan, Laesch and Kossacks, HRC. Now I need a tums...