Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Not Very Smart...

This should give Kendall County and 14th District voters a pretty good look at the inner workings of the the Great Dallas Ingemunson Machine that created Denny "J. Dennis" Hastert.

And while it's rather gauche of me to recite last week's news to you at this point, there were some pretty funny items in the mail and in the news this past week in Kendall County. (Sorry it didn't headline here earlier, but I've just been too damn busy).

I've previously mentioned the mail piece in which Boy condemns his opponent in the State's Attorney race, Kendall County State's Attorney Eric Weis, for accepting a $1,000 donation from a "landfill developer."

I won't beat that issue any further, but it's rich, since Boy's collections for this primary race have been approaching the obscene amount of nearly $200,000 from his father's cronies and a long line of deep pockets outside the county.

First, was the mailing I received from the Boy Ingemunson campaign. On the face was the "tough guy" image of Denny "J. Dennis" Hastert with the headline "You can judge a person by the company they keep."

Oh, my. I'll get back to that in a moment, because there's a better one.

This was an item in The Record, the Kendall County newspaper, that mentions "Big Jim" Thompson is out stumping for Boy:
Thompson's appearance was likely the first time a former Illinois governor appeared at a fundraising event for a candidate for county office.
...
...Ingemunson said he met Thompson "when I was a youngster" and subsequently met him at vairous political events.

"We had dinner last summer, and he was interested in helping out with my campaign," Ingemunson said. "He wanted to come out to an event here to help created some awareness for some issues, and that's basically how it came about."
I wonder if those issues included white collar crime? Thompson, you may recall, could be in big trouble for his role in the Hollinger Board scandal that already has that company's two top executives under indictment and facing long jail terms.

If I were running my son's campaign, I'm not sure I'd want to have a former governor under investigation by the SEC for overseeing an audit committee that performed such as Thompson's did with Hollinger.

As for judging people by the company they keep, putting Hastert's big face on a flyer with that slogan these days is like having it read:
"Hi. I was giving Tom DeLay a handjob in his hottub in Houston while Roy Blunt was on the phone with his girlfriend, who was arranging for tobacco money to be handed out on the House floor by John Boehner, and Dick Cheney was shooting some friend of his in the face... if you know what I mean... and the President was re-enacting his favorite blood orgey scene from Caligula out in the pool. Vote for Boy."

No comments: